How to Know if a Guy has a Crush on You
How to Know if a Guy has a Crush on You
The shy smiles, staring at your crush, being teased by your friends, butterflies in the stomach, endless hours of daydreaming - the memories of your first crush are difficult to capture in words. Most of the times having a crush is referred to describe the adolescent love or puppy love. There are number of ways to find out whether a guy likes you or signs that a girl likes you. It is a beautiful feeling to have someone be genuinely interested in you. If you have a guy in school or in your neighborhood, you think has a crush on you, this article will help you to know whether the guy really has a crush on you…
Is he always around or do you keep bumping into him everywhere you go?
If a guy has a crush on you, he will try and think of all the possible ways to be around you and make sure you spot him almost everywhere you go. He’ll probably take the same classes as you so that you guys can be around during the classes. He will probably be in the library sitting somewhere close by. You also might see him regularly during lunch - most of the times he seems to sit with you or somewhere close by. There might be a chance that you might bump into your own neighborhood, or at the coffee shop or eatery, which you frequent regularly.
Does he go out of his way to help you?
When a guy has a crush on you, he will obviously care a lot about you. He might offer to help you with your math problems that you’ve been struggling for the past week. He might volunteer to teach you basketball or any other sport that he is good at. He might offer to walk you home from school when it gets late. He might pick up your bicycle if you ever fall down and make sure you are okay. If he looks at you carrying a pile of books or something heavy, he’d be the first one to offer help.
Does he compliment you or praise you very often?
When a guy has a crush on you, he will like every single thing about you. He might compliment you quite often telling you how great your personality is, or how he loves your outfit, or thinks you are looking stunning. He might even tell you your science project was the best of the lot, when you yourself know it wasn’t. Compliments are simple affectionate gestures, which help you to know that a person genuinely adores you.
While in conversation, does he seem interested in things that you are talking about?
A guy, who has a crush on you, will listen to you very closely, while in conversation. He will be an engrossed listener when you are talking about things that you like or things that you hate or even about the silly things that you do. He might want to know about your long-term goals and your ideas about your future plans. So if he is taking a keen interest in everything that you have to say - he might be genuinely interested in you!
Does he hug you, smile at you, hold your hand very often?
Body language is one of the most important elements, which will help you analyze the whole situation. He might stare at you and smile at you very often. He might hold your hand while crossing the road or might flip your hair or find some other cute way to greet you. There are several body language cues, which are signs of male attraction. His body language will usually say a lot about what he feels for you. The way he looks at you or faces you while talking or simple holds your hand at times can be ways to know what he’s thinking about you.
Do his friends seem to know a lot about you?
Usually if a guy has a crush on you, it is most likely that he keeps discussing about you with his friends. So it is not very surprising if his friends seem to know about the little things that you keep mentioning in your conversations with the guy. His friends might even tease him a bit when you are around and if you find him blushing at the mention of your name, it is definitely a sign that the guy has a major crush on you…
Does he sound like he genuinely cares for you?
Does he seem to be worried when you are not keeping well or feeling ill? Does he often help you to cheer up when you are upset about something? Does he try to make faces, tell jokes or entertain you in any possible way when you are feeling bored or feeling depressed about something? Well if the guy has a crush on you, he will obviously care for you and want you to be happy and cheerful.
Does he seem jealous when you tend to spend more time with another guy?
If a guy has a crush on you, the last thing he wants is some other guy spending more time with you. Most probably if the guy seems protective about you and tends to express discontent over you spending more time with some other guy - it is likely he has a huge crush on you and is very much interested in you.
Does he ask you to go with him on prom nights or a regular Saturday night?
One of the things that a guy will do if he has a crush on you is make sure he asks you out before prom night or for a simple Saturday night date. This is a huge sign that the guy has feelings for you. A prom night or a weekend date is supposed to be for people who like each other and hence asking you out for the same, implies that the guy is genuinely interested.
These are just some generalized ideas, which might help you figure out whether a guy really has a crush on you. There are also some signs to know your crush likes you. In case you just can’t figure it out using these things, the best thing would be to communicate with that guy and ask him to avoid the mind-games.
How to tell if you have a crush on someone.
1. Take notice of how you and your body react next time you see him. If you feel nervous or feel your heart skips a beat or you start to sweat, or it feels like you can’t breathe when you’re around him, youprobably like him. When deciding about reactions, think of what could have caused them. If the boy is mean to you then you might start to sweat when you’re around him, but not because you like him.
2. Notice what you think about when you think of the guy. If thinking of him makes you nervous, excited or happy, you probably have a crush on him.
3. Notice if you try to go to the same exact place where he is. For example, when you are in school, youpass by his locker, or the places where you know he may be.
4. Notice whenever you try to make a guy jealous. This may be a sign you like him.
5. Notice if you talk to your friends about him a lot.
6. Notice whenever you try to get his attention.
7. Be aware of trying to make friends with his friends, or finding reasons to get close to him.
8. Notice whenever you try to get information about him.
9. Count how many times you think about him a day. If you think about him more than several times, youprobably like him.
10.Notice how many times you’ve tried to google his name and how many times you’ve tried to search his personal page on MYSPACE or other social networking sites.
11. Notice if your friend says you blush whenever he’s around or his name is mentioned.
12. Notice if you feel jealous when he’s around other girls and/or flirts with them.
13. Notice if your friends tell you that you were staring at him, and you don’t even realize it.
14. If you talk about him in one of your conversations to anybody who will listen, he is stuck in your mind, and you probably like him.
15. When you’re getting dressed in the morning before school you always think “Will _____ like this?” Or something similar
16. You look forward to the one class you have with him or, you are so thankful you have more than one class with him.
17. Notice if you think about him in the most random moments.
18. If you’re shy, notice when you avoid eye contact and blush when you are around him.
19. You walk by him and always glance over to see if he noticed you.
20. You think about him the most and always have a smile on your face if you do.
21. You remember incidents or moments you’ve had with him.
22. Notice if you always look to see where he is.
23. You might act differently with him than with other guys.
24. Notice if your friend says that you were doing something to get his attention, but you didn’t even knowthat you did.
25. When you go to school you always see if he is there that day or you’re always wanting to go just to see him.
26. Notice if you always think of reasons, especially the small ridiculous reasons, to talk to him or tocontinue a conversation.
27. Notice if you are the first one to text him or to start a conversation with him.
28. You can’t sleep well.
29. Notice if you get a sudden thrill whenever you hear his name.
30. Your always thinking “Does my hair look good?” or something like that.
31. Think if you want to hug or kiss him!!
32. Finally, the biggest sign that there is: Were you thinking of him as you read this whole page? Did yousearch for this article so you could find out if you were crushing on him? If the answer to both of those is “Yes,” then you like him a lot!
This is actually pretty cool because before you die, your brain releases tons and tons of endorphins that make you feel a range of emotions. This is why when people die, they see things like “a light” and they feel so euphoric. ~psychology, yo
Important Colors. :)
Pink- breast cancer
Yellow- support our troops, suicide prevention, adoptive parents
Red- fight against AIDS and HIV, heart disease
Purple- domestic violence, Alzheimer’s, animal abuse, the victims of 9/11 including the police and firefighters
Lavender- This color is a symbol for general cancer awareness.
Blue- drunk driving, child abuse, the victims of hurricane Katrina
Dark Blue- arthritis, child abuse prevention, victim’s rights, free speech
Light Blue- childhood cancer
Teal- sexual assault
White- innocence, violence against women, peace, right to life
Pearl- lung cancer
Grey- diabetes, asthma, brain cancer
Global Warming effects
Green house gases stay can stay in the atmosphere for an amount of years ranging from decades to hundreds and thousands of years. No matter what we do, global warming is going to have some effect on Earth. Here are the 5 deadliest effects of global warming.
5. Spread of disease As northern countries warm, disease carrying insects migrate north, bringing plague and disease with them. Indeed some scientists believe that in some countries thanks to global warming, malaria has not been fully eradicated.
4. Warmer waters and more hurricanes As the temperature of oceans rises, so will the probability of more frequent and stronger hurricanes. We saw in this in 2004 and 2005.
3. Increased probability and intensity of droughts and heat waves Although some areas of Earth will become wetter due to global warming, other areas will suffer serious droughts and heat waves. Africa will receive the worst of it, with more severe droughts also expected in Europe. Water is already a dangerously rare commodity in Africa, and according to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, global warming will exacerbate the conditions and could lead to conflicts and war.
2. Economic consequences Most of the effects of anthropogenic global warming won’t be good. And these effects spell one thing for the countries of the world: economic consequences. Hurricanes cause do billions of dollars in damage, diseases cost money to treat and control and conflicts exacerbate all of these.
1. Polar ice caps melting The ice caps melting is a four-pronged danger.
First, it will raise sea levels. There are 5,773,000 cubic miles of water in ice caps, glaciers, and permanent snow. According to the National Snow and Ice Data Center, if all glaciers melted today the seas would rise about 230 feet. Luckily, that’s not going to happen all in one go! But sea levels will rise.
Second, melting ice caps will throw the global ecosystem out of balance. The ice caps are fresh water, and when they melt they will desalinate the ocean, or in plain English - make it less salty. The desalinization of the gulf current will “screw up” ocean currents, which regulate temperatures. The stream shutdown or irregularity would cool the area around north-east America and Western Europe. Luckily, that will slow some of the other effects of global warming in that area!
Third, temperature rises and changing landscapes in the artic circle will endanger several species of animals. Only the most adaptable will survive.
Fourth, global warming could snowball with the ice caps gone. Ice caps are white, and reflect sunlight, much of which is relected back into space, further cooling Earth. If the ice caps melt, the only reflector is the ocean. Darker colors absorb sunlight, further warming the Earth.
Robert the Doll
Robert, sometimes known as Robert the Doll, is a doll that was once owned by Key West painter and author Robert Eugene Otto. The doll, which is allegedly cursed, has become a fixture of ghost tours in the Key West area since it was inducted into the Fort East Martello Museum.
Eugene was given the doll in 1904 by a servant who, according to legend, was skilled in black magic and voodoo and was displeased with the family. Soon afterward it became clear that there was something eerie about the doll. Eugene’s parents said they often heard him talking to the doll and that the doll appeared to be talking back. Although at first they assumed that Eugene was simply answering himself in a changed voice, they later believed that the doll was actually speaking.
Neighbors claimed to see the doll moving from window to window when the family was out. The Otto family swore that sometimes the doll would emit a terrifying giggle and that they caught glimpses of it running from room to room. In the night Eugene would scream, and when his parents ran to the room they would find furniture knocked over and Eugene in bed, looking incredibly scared, telling them that “Robert did it!”.
When Eugene died in 1972, the doll was left in the attic until the house was bought again. The new family included a ten year old girl, who became Robert’s new owner. It was not long before the girl began screaming out in the night, claiming that Robert moved about the room and even attempted to attack her on multiple occasions. More than thirty years later, she still tells interviewers that the doll was alive and wanted to kill her.
The doll is annually rotated to the Old Post Office and Customhouse in October, with museum staff claiming that strange activity in the museum increases during such times.
The doll made an appearance at Taps CON, a paranormal convention held in Clearwater, Florida in May 2008. This was the first time that it had left Key West, Florida in the 105 years of its existence.
Individuals who desire to visit Robert in the Fort East Martello Museum and wish to take a picture of him, according to legend, the person must ask the doll politely, and if he does not agree (by tipping his head to one side) and the individual takes a picture anyway, then the doll will curse the person and their family.
The movie Child’s Play, was inspired by Robert the Doll.
The Robert Doll has an Aura
Are you Afraid of the dark?
I used to watch this when I was a kid.
This is my favorite show in disney channel. :)
But I’m really scared of the intro though. LOL.
6 very important colors
pink- breast cancer
purple- gay suicide
blue- cervical cancer
periwinkle- eating disorders
dark blue- child abuse
Trichotillomania - (Hair-pulling disorder)
TTM, also known as trichotillosis, or more commonly as trich) is defined as “hair loss from a patient’s repetitive self-pulling of hair”and is characterized by the repeated urge to pull out scalp hair, eyelashes, facial hair, nose hair, pubic hair, eyebrows or other body hair, sometimes resulting in noticeable bald patches. Trichotillomania is classified in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV) as an impulse control disorder, but there are questions about how it should be classified. It may seem, at times, to resemble a habit, an addiction, a tic disorder or anobsessive–compulsive disorder.
The disorder “leads to noticeable hair loss, distress, and social or functional impairment”, and is “often chronic and difficult to treat”.
Trichotillomania may be present in infants, but the peak age of onset is 9 to 13. Depression or stress can trigger the trich. Due to social implications the disorder is often unreported and it is difficult to predict accurately prevalence of trichotillomania; the lifetime prevalence of trich is estimated to be between 0.6% (overall) and 1.5% (in males) to 3.4% (in females).
The name, coined by French dermatologist François Henri Hallopeau, derives from the Greek: trich- (hair), till(en) (to pull), and mania (“an abnormal love for a specific object, place, or action”)
I used to have this when I was a kid, it’s a good thing it just suddenly stopped. This is a mental illness which you can’t control yourself from pulling out your hair which leads you to baldness.
10 signs that it is love at first sight
When you see him or her:
1.Your heart races. When your heartstarts beating fast as soon as you see him or her it means that there is something going on…
2.Your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps sugar into your bloodstream and you experience a feeling of euphoria.
3.Your breathing starts to go faster and faster
4.Your pupils dilate
5.Your hands and other sweaty bits start to perspire.
6.You feel soft in the knees.
7.A feeling of warmth feels you.
After you start going out with your “love at first sight”
8. You feel completely electrified, in shock !
9. Your friends think that you are on a diet or even worse that you have started a hunger strike because you are so excited that the last thing you can think about is food.
10. You cannot sleep anymore for thinking about THAT person. You are overwhelmed with desire and longing.
Most of the signs above are due to a liberation of adrenalin in the blood and a lowering of blood pressure in your brain. Why or how that happens? That is still a mystery; we can only call it LOVE at first sight!
Computer Keyboard Germs: Your Fingers aren’t the Only Things Dancing All Over Your Computer Keyboard
Considering how often fingers come into contact with computer keyboards, it’s not surprising that a new study published in Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology found some pretty gross results.
Twenty-five computers from the University of North Carolina’s (UNC) burn intensive care unit, cardiothoracic intensive care unit and six nursing units were tested for bacteria. The researchers found that every computer keyboard was contaminated with two or more microorganisms.
“Contamination of Keyboards is Prevalent”
- All keyboards tested positive for a staph bacterium called coagulase-negative staphylococci. This is one of the most common causes of bloodstream infections among those hospitalized.
- 80 percent of keyboards contained diphtheroids. This bacteria represents a significant infection risk for those whose immune systems are weak, such as cancer and AIDS patients.
Signs of Internet addiction. :(
- Using online services everyday without any skipping.
- Losing track of time after making a connection.
- Going out less and less.
- Spending less and less time on meals at home or at work, and eating in front of the monitor.
- Denying spending too much time on the Net.
- Others complaining of your spending too much time in front of the monitor.
- Checking on your mailbox too many times a day.
- Thinking you have the greatest website in the world and dying to give people your URL.
- Logging onto the Net while already busy at work.
- Sneaking online when spouse or family members are not at home, with a sense of relief.
- hala, Internet addict ako, halos lahat ganyan ako. :(
We only dream of what we know.
Our dreams are frequently full of strangers who play out certain parts – did you know that your mind is not inventing those faces – they are real faces of real people that you have seen during your life but may not know or remember? The evil killer in your latest dream may be the guy who pumped petrol in to your Dad’s car when you were just a little kid. We have all seen hundreds of thousands of faces through our lives, so we have an endless supply of characters for our brain to utilize during our dreams.
Men who kiss their wives in the morning live five years longer than those who don’t.
is this true?